COMMUNITY ACTION TEAM’S
Owning a home doesn’t have to be just a dream
This program is available to individuals and families, in order to build modest houses. It provides low income households with the ability to become homeowners, who might not otherwise qualify through more traditional avenues. They must have workable credit and have an ability to repay a loan.
Where does one apply?
Just call: 800-404-3511
Ask for: Casey Mitchell
125 N. 17th Street
St. Helens, OR 97051
Community Action Team (CAT) provides the following technical assistance:
- Develop suitable building sites.
- Prepare applications for Rural Development
- Explain the Self-Help program, subjects related to home ownership, taxes and insurance.
- Provide house plans.
- Prepare application for building permits and order building inspections.
- Obtain cost estimates for construction materials, order materials and contract subcontractors needed to build the homes.
- Supervise and train families in the proper construction techniques and throughout the construction process
- Pay the bills for the families, which are related to the construction of the home and maintain funds for Rural Development and family.
In accordance with the Federal Law and USDA policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, political beliefs, or disability.
To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten Building, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (202) 720-5964 (voice and TDD). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.